science and technology
Marchetti C.: Elektron:
Electrical Systems in Retrospect and Prospect,
World Nuclear Association
- Climate Change Science: An Analysis of some key questions,
National Academy Press, Washington, D.C., 2001, ISBN 0-309-07574-2,
Hoffert M.J. et al.:
Advanced Technology Paths to Global
Climate Stability: Energy for a Greenhouse Planet, Science, vol. 298
(Nov. 2002), p. 981-987
- Chiles, J.R.: Inviting Disaster,
HarperBusiness, New York, 2002
Topics for discussion
- Analyse some of the global
problems, its historical development and trends. Evaluate potential
solutions and consequences of postponing a solution.
- Give example of a model of specific system,
focus on its advantages and disadvantages. Evaluate potential drawbacks and
risks of the use of your model.
- What do you think are the roles of
education? How they are dealt with in current educational systems? Compare
situation in various countries. Which changes would you propose?
- Analyse roles of lifelong learning. List
advantages and disadvantages of distance education and the role of ICT
(e-learning, blended learning, ...).
- What is the role of energy in creation and
solution of global problems? What is your opinion on suitability of various
resources? Compare costs, environmental impacts, risks, etc.
Created by: Jiri Vacek
Sep 1, 2010